What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy, also called physical therapy, is a paramedical discipline that focuses on the musculoskeletal system of the human body. Physiotherapy is applied both preventively and curative.
Preventive screening focuses on three aspects of human movement. We look at (1) the agility, (2) the muscle balance and (3) the coordination of the body. The aim of preventive screening is to detect the small problems before complaints arise.
When physiotherapy can be helpful?
General physiotherapy Mechelen
- Pain in neck or back
- Muscle and tendon injuries
- Post-operative treatment
- Recovery after trauma
- Stress management
Injury prevention Mechelen
- Screening and advice
- Medically responsible training
- Train under supervision for a specific purpose (marathon, cycling holiday,..)
Aqua rehabilitation Mechelen
- Rehabilitation after surgery
- Physical build-up after injury
- Physical preparation for the training season